Frequently Asked Questions
The following list aims to answer the most frequent questions we receive from potentials guests. Obviously, we couldn’t include them all, and it doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t contact you to ask more about those we listed, or help us to add to the list by asking us other questions!
Does the cruise mixes snorkelers and divers?
No, we do not mix snorkelers and divers on the same cruise, the Wisesa itineraries are specific and adapted to the practice of each activity. Of course, if you are booking a private charter, then the choice is yours!
Is snorkeling equipment included?
Yes, Snorkeling equipment, fins, mask and snorkel are included. But if possible it is recommended to bring your own equipment which will be perfectly adapted to your morphology. Note that we do not have material suitable for children’s sizes.
Is diving equipment included?
We provide for each divers, Dive tanks & weights for free, but the scuba dive equipment such as BCD, Regulators, wetsuits, Dive computers, etc… are not include in the rate of the cruise. So either you bring yours, either you rent it on board.Our available equipment is :
Free Equipment :
• Snorkeling equipment ( mask, snorkel, finns ) : FREE
• Dive tanks ( Model Luxfer S80 12l – DIN/YOK) : FREE
• Weight & weight belt : FREE
• Reef hook : FREE
Equipment available for Rental on board :
• Regulator complete with gauge & octopus Scubapro: 8 € / day
• BCD Scubapro T1 : 8 € / day
• Wetsuits with booties : 6 € / day
• Dive computer : 8 € / day
• Dive Torch: 5 € / day
• Or complete set equipment : 20 € / day (without dive computer )
Do you have a 5 days/ 4 nights cruise?
5 days 4 nights cruise are too short to really have the time to enjoy the diversity of Raja Ampat, it’s why at the the moment, 8 days 7 nights cruise is the shortest cruise length possible, it will allow us to explore the best sites and islands in central Raja Ampat, then regarding sea and weather conditions our Captain and western cruise director will try to go explore further in the far North or South of the archipelago.
Do you have a Komodo Cruise?
We have sailed for a long time in the Komodo archipelago, but now the Wisesa is specialized in the Raja Ampat archipelago in order to offer the best quality of cruises to our customers in accordance with our ethics. However, we could recommend a cruise company on Komodo as we know the area very well having sailed there for a long time.
Can we pay the National Park fee and port authority onboard?
Yes, you can pay these fees on board, cash only, we accept all currencies. Port and national park taxes for RAJA AMPAT are 170 € / person. (This amount is subject to change, as it can be modified at any time without prior notice by the local authorities)
Which is the best flight?
Here are our recommendations:
– Important ! in order to manage possible flight delays or cancellations, we strongly advise you to arrive in Sorong at least one day before the departure of the cruise and to stay in a hotel nearby. Otherwise you must arrive at Sorong airport on the day of departure before 8:00 am.
If you are going through Jakarta:
– There are daily flights from Jakarta airport (CGK) to Sorong (SOQ) Usually direct night flights arriving very early in the morning. Recommended airlines are Garuda Indonesia – Batik airline – City Link.
If you go through Bali (Denpasar)
– The flight from Bali (DPS) to Sorong (SOQ) transits Makassar (UPG). We advise you to take a flight from Bali to Makassar at the end of the day then to take a room in the airport at the IBIS Budget hotel, to rest while waiting for your night flight from Makassar (UPG) to Sorong. He usually arrives at his destination at 6 or 7 in the morning.
For the return flight from Sorong after the cruise, we advise you to take an afternoon flight, the first available flight is generally at 10:30 am.
All these informations must be confirmed before booking your flights as it may change at any time.
What are the airport names?
- Bali Airport : Ngurah Rai International Airport (airport code : DPS)
- Jakarta Airport: Soekarno Hatta International Airport (airport code : CGK)
- Sorong Airport: Domino Eduard Osok Sorong Airport (airport code : SOQ)
- Makassar Airport: Sultan Hasanuddin International Airport (airport code : UPG)
- Banda /Ambon Airport : Pattimura International Airport (airport code : AMQ)
Do you pick us up at the airport or hotel?
Yes, our crew will pick you up and drop you to the airport or your hotel. We will of course need to have all your flights or accommodation details.
Which airlines do you recommend?
Which hotels do you recommend us to stay at?
- Sorong : Swiss Belhotel Sorong, Fave Hotel Sorong, & Kasuari Valley Beach Resort.
- Waisai : Meridian Adventure Marina Club and Dive Resort, Raja Ampat Biodiversity Nature Resort & Waiwo Dive Resort.
- Ambon : The Natsepa Resort & Conference Center.
Do you provide vegetarian meals or special requested meals?
Yes, we provide vegetarian meals and any special meals by request to provide you with the best culinary experience. All you need to do is fill out the forms during the booking process so our Chef can prepare.
Do you have alcohol on board?
Yes, we have beers and wines on board with additional charge. Spirits are available as well but stock may vary. Let us know what would be your favourite and we will do our best to satisfy you.
Could you pick us up at Waisai rather than at Sorong?
Yes, we can pick you up at Waisai harbour in the afternoon around 4-5 PM on the first day of the cruise.
Rather than going back to Sorong, we want to stay at Waisai after the cruise is finished, can you drop us off at Waisai?
Yes, we can drop you at Waisai harbour. However, it will mean you will loose the last night of the cruise as the boat will navigate overnight back to Sorong.
What are the visa requirements to enter Indonesia?
We prefer not to give specific advice here as rules change regularly. We have some knowledge, but the best would be to contact a visa agency after visiting your Embassy website in Indonesia.
However a couple of stable rules below:
Visa: Citizens from most countries are issued a free 30-day visa on arrival. Some nationalities will have to pay a fee to obtain a visa upon arrival in Indonesia.
Passport: Please ensure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months from the date you intend to leave Indonesia. Your passport must also be in good condition, with at least 3 blank pages.